Psychology Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please note the following changes:
If you have any cold or flu like symptoms or have had contact with a suspected case of COVID-19, do not attend the clinic
• Masks remain mandatory for clinic sessions (unless you have a medical exemption)
• Surgical masks are provided, or you may wear your own
• Please observe client number limits in the waiting area, and wait outside or in your car if the number is exceeded and where this is safe
• Please bring your own water bottle
Dr. Maxwell has carefully selected a secure telehealth service through Cliniko that uses a peer-to-peer connection and end-to-end encryption and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Australian Privacy Principles (APP), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). It is easy to use, and to date has been reliable in maintaining a reasonable video connection.
There are a few factors to consider if you choose telehealth psychology services:
• If using a video connection you will need a mobile phone, tablet or computer connected to the internet
• Dr. Maxwell will send you a secure link- you simply need a web browser
• Please be mindful of data costs if you don't have access to a wifi connection, or if your data usage is limited
• Importantly, you will need a private space where you can sit comfortably for the duration of the session, preferably without interruption and where you will not be overheard by others
• If you would prefer not to attend the clinic but are not able to use videoconferencing, it is also an option to have your sessions delivered by phone call (this is also classed as telehealth)
• Sessions delivered by telehealth are charged at the usual session rate and you will receive your Medicare rebate as usual (if you have a current mental health care plan).
Medicare rebates will continue to be received for sessions under Mental Health Care Plans as applied to clinic appointments, and you are now able to receive up to 20 sessions with Medicare rebates each calendar year. 97% + of Private Health Insurers are providing rebates for telehealth (for clients who are covered for psychology) - please check with your own provider.
THIS INFORMATION WAS LAST UPDATED ON 03/04/2022
Dr. Janet Maxwell